REVIEW - First Touch (First and Last #1) by Laurelin Paige


When Emily Wayborn receives an answerphone message from her former best friend Amber, she knows something is seriously wrong. Emily hasn't spoken to Amber in years, and when Amber uses a safe word in her message that Emily recognises -- a word they always used to get out of sticky situations during their wild partying days -- she knows Amber needs her help. But when Emily tries to find her, she discovers that Amber is missing.

Determined to track her down, Emily follows a chain of clues that lead her to enigmatic billionaire Reeve Sallis. Renowned for his shady dealings and playboy reputation, Emily is convinced that Reeve knows something about Amber's disappearance. To try and discover the truth, Emily sets out to seduce him. But when she's forced to decide where her loyalty lies, how will Emily choose between saving Amber and saving her heart?

If you devoured Fifty Shades and Sylvia Day's Bared To You series, you will love the latest intoxicating, passionate and addictive novel from New York Times bestseller Laurelin Paige.


First Touch (First and Last #1) by Laurelin Paige
It is taking me freaking forever to finish this book! Reeves and Emily are the main characters in this story and I don't even LIKE them but I can't stop reading the book. It's kind of like the car wreck that you can't look away from. This is a first for me. 

I feel a cliffhanger coming on.....if this ends in a cliffhanger......OMG, someone will die.

A couple of  days later......FINISHED! Wow, talk about a CLIFFHANGER. 

Okay, okay, I know what I said previously about the cliffhanger....please disregard. The cliffhanger is like....Whoa!

I still don't like the characters and I didn't connect or relate to either character but the STORY is what got me, not the sex.  That is what really keep me going with this book. Who the fcuk knew!  I simply could not STOP reading it and that's why it earned 4 stars.

Emily and Reeves did not have the typical love/sex relationship. I found it kind of refreshing to not have the heroine be a good girl gone bad. Emily was never good. Reeves is the mysterious, jealous, dominant type.  We follow Emily's quest into the dark world of Reeves to find her former best friend, Amber. What we find are Questions, Feelings, Suspicions and much more.

This story has so many twist and turns, dark and interesting characters, good and evil and a WTF ending........I just can't put to words how I feel about it.  I'm at a lost. I'm speechless. I will never forget this book. A MUST READ.




Comments