WHAT I READ - AUGUST

AUGUST 2017 👀❤😒😍

In August, I found out something about myself. I AM "one of those", a reader that can't tolerate reading about cheating. Who KNEW!! I learned that bit of information about myself while reading The Forbidden by Jodi Ellen Malpas. It was definitely a forbidden romance and I just didn't know how the author was going to make me love Jack, the hero of the story. She didn't. But I still gave it three hearts because the author got a rise out of me.

Lately, I have been trying to re-read a favorite to see if I still feel the same as I did when I first read it. This month's pick was Fire Inside (Chaos Series #2) by Kristen Ashley. Yeah, another Kristen Ashley book. I WILL choose a different author for next month. I promise. I have to say I still enjoyed it......maybe not as much.

The highlight of the month was The Chase (The ICON Trilogy #1) by Vanessa Fewings. A new author for me and I really enjoyed the Thomas Crown Affair-ish adventure. I can't wait to start book 2, The Game. Another favorite of the month was Ruckus (Sinners of Saint #2) by LJ Shen. " Baby LeBlanc"..... I LOVED that!!  I also LOVED the epilogue. But my absolute favorite of the series is Defy.

The month's disappointment came in the form of Meghan Quinn's Twisted Twosome. A romantic comedy, I just could not digest. It got some great reviews but fortunately, it wasn't for me. Better luck next time.

Happy Reading,
PTC

Comments